Sunday, September 26, 2010

4 days and counting

Hello Blogosphere!

I never thought I'd see the day where I hooked in to the wild world of blogs, but here it is.  I've finished one chapter in my life, and I'm about to start another one.  School life was good, I got through it alive, and came out with a piece of paper with my name on it (they tell me it's in the mail), but this is what I've been waiting for!  Untold adventures on good 'ol North American tarmac.  Livin' life on a shoestring, making my way through countless crags, cliffs, and boulders in search of what's around the next corner.

The journey starts this Thursday.  My good friend Marshal is driving down from Edmonton and it set to arrive around 2:00 PM.  With any luck we'll be out of Cow-town, in my trusty van Mona, by 3.  3,241 kilometers ahead lies the sumptuous sandstone of the Red River Gorge in Slade, Kentucky.  We are hoping to make it there with enough time to climb on Sunday afternoon.

Right now I'm counting down the seconds until departure while I finish painting my parent's house.  I've spent the last couple weeks pressure washing, scraping, priming, mixing, and painting.  It's time to get some climbing in.

I've got a few errands to run before I head out.  Tomorrow I'm running up to Planet X ( a climbing area near Canmore) to retrieve some quickdraws that are hung on a route that I have far too little endurance to complete.  While I'm at the crag, Mona is getting a once over, and a deep-cycle battery.

That's all for now.

AQ

No comments:

Post a Comment